While you might have some tricks up your sleeve to eliminate ants and small invaders, different methods are required to deal with wildlife coming onto your Austin property. If you are dealing with a wildlife problem, now is the time to learn about the common wildlife that can invade your property, understand the problems it can cause, and discover six natural ways to safely and effectively deter wildlife. With wild animals, it is best to work with a company with experience in professional wildlife removal. Roberts Termite & Pest Control provides pest control in Austin you can rely on to regain control of your property without delay.
Common Types Of Wildlife That Invade Austin Properties
If you see wildlife on your Austin property, do not deal with it yourself, as there are many laws against wildlife trapping. You might encounter some of the following wild animals in Austin:
- Raccoons, who are protected by Texas law
- Opossums, who are generally only active at night
- Armadillos, who prey on insects
- Squirrels, including fox squirrels, gray squirrels, and flying squirrels
- Snakes, including rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads, and more
While you might be tempted to ignore wildlife and hope they don't settle on your property, it is highly recommended that you take action, as these animals can cause many problems.
The Problems Wildlife Can Create Around Your Property
Wildlife is not just scary to see on your property. It can also cause a variety of problems, including:
- Damage to your home: From ripping up screens on windows to starting a family in the attic, wild animals are skilled at causing damage to your home.
- Damage to your yard: Many wild animals will burrow to create dens, digging through your yard and damaging plants, flowers, and more.
- Safety hazard: Some wild animals can transmit diseases, including rabies, which is why you must stay away from them if you see one.
Wildlife can be a common sight in Austin. To prevent wild animals from invading, you will want to learn about six natural methods you can use to deter them from your property.
Six Natural Ways To Deter Wildlife From Your Property
Deterring wildlife is necessary to try and prevent animals from entering your property. Here are six natural ways you can deter wildlife:
- Fencing: Installing a fence around your property can go a long way in preventing wildlife from coming into your yard.
- Keeping food away: Making sure there are no leftovers or dirty and accessible garbage cans can deter animals from looking for food.
- Natural repellents: Because results can be mixed with this method, it is best to consult a pest control professional for advice on natural repellents.
- Solar lights: Sometimes mistaken for other animals by wildlife, solar lights charge during the day, and emit light at night that can keep invaders away.
- Raised garden beds: If wildlife is coming in to feast on your crops, raised garden beds could prevent this temptation.
- Crop covers: If raised garden beds are not possible, crop covers can be a good alternative.
Natural wildlife control methods are not always effective. The most effective wildlife control for your property will often require an inspection from an experienced pest control company.
The Most Effective Wildlife Control For Your Property
When it comes to effective wildlife control, your best bet is to reach out to professionals. At Roberts Termite & Pest Control, after a thorough inspection of your property, our licensed professionals will provide you with a specific plan to deter wildlife and keep it at bay for good. From prevention methods that fit your needs to wildlife removal in Austin, you will have a variety of options to choose from to regain control of your property.
At Roberts Termite & Pest Control, we pride ourselves on being one of the top wildlife control companies. Contact us today for some of the most effective wildlife control and wildlife removal services in the Austin area. Wildlife can be difficult to control, and they are known to transmit a variety of dangerous diseases. Now is the time to regain control of your property and feel safe indoors and out at any time of day.