Pest damage nationally is measured in the Billions of dollars. In 2014, the national cost to repair termite damage was in the $5 Billion range.  Certainly around Austin, termites are right up there. When it comes to pinpointing one pest, it is difficult because the pest is only part of the equation. Time and exposure also play a role which is why monthly, quarterly or annual pest inspections are beneficial to property owners. Here are a few of the many pests that cause significant damage.
- Ground Squirrels – If left to their means these rodents can bring down your house much faster than can termites. Their burrowing destroys foundations, patios, and can make a home or commercial building unstable.
- Carpenter Bees – These feisty bees drill into exposed wood and can cause structural damage to decks, fences, and even rafters.
- Termites – a very large colony of termites can eat a linear foot of 2×4 in just 24 hours. Left untreated they cause significant damage to foundations, walls, and even to wood furniture.
- Bats – Bats in your attic or wall are a serious problem. The damage they do is primarily from their feces and urine which can stain, leach into walls, and cause health issues.
- Larger Mammals – We’ve seen raccoons that have ruined sections of a home’s roof trying to dig their way into an attic. We have had to extract Racoons from attics as well as possums.
While this list is not extensive, some of the most costly pests are not those that cause damage to a structure. Bed bugs can cost upwards of $10K to treat and eradicate and they don’t even eat wood.
The best protection against damaging pests is regular pest inspections. Reach out to our team and schedule a pest inspection today. We provide service throughout the Greater Austin Area.
Do you need pest control? Don't wait. Call Robert's Pest Control now at (512) 444-0132.