Wild animals need food and shelter. It is important that they provide themselves with those necessities for several reasons.
- When a wild animal becomes dependent upon you for food it has less chance of surviving in the wild.
- We should not feed wild animals because they become used to people and can change the behavior of their communities. Not all people want wild animals coming to their property looking for food.
When we feed animals, we endanger them. When that happens, it is usually the animal that suffers. The following are three pests that you should never feed.
- Racoons – Raccoons are mammals, and their nature is to scavenge for food. Raccoons have adapted to live in suburbia and can become pests quickly. They also are known to cause damage to homes, fight with pets, and they can be aggressive.
- Squirrels – Squirrels are rodents, and they can damage your home too. They are well known for gnawing holes in homes, causing damage in attics and walls, chewing through electrical cords, and spreading disease.
- Pigeons – Pigeons look for a regular food source and once they find it they never leave. It is not that pigeons are dangerous, but the next step is that they try to roost on the eaves of your house and make a mess with their droppings. If you feed birds, do so in a limited amount so that they still must forage for food.
Sometimes it seems like wild animals are hungry. They might be, but once you feed them they start to lose their wildness and that puts them in danger.
If you have wild animals that are pests around your house or property, then reach out to Robert’s Pest Control. We offer professional pest control services and we use humane methods for discouraging pest animals from visiting. When needed we will safely remove them from your property.
For other pest control services, we offer quality service using safe and professionally placed toxins so that you can live life without infestations from pests such as ants, cockroach, or spiders.
For a free quote or with help identifying a pest, just give us a call.
Do you need pest control? Don't wait. Call Robert's Pest Control now at (512) 444-0132.