In this series we discuss the food industry and flies. Few things make customers think twice around food than house flies. Most flies are disgusting and many carry diseases. House flies regurgitate their last meal every time they land and that is not a pleasant thought around food or in restaurants.
Chore List for Restaurants
House flies and flesh flies are attracted to decay. Food, begins to decay as soon as it is harvested. As such, there are a few things that you can do to keep flies away.
- Make sure the garbage is emptied several times per day (or more.)
- Always wipe food preparation surfaces frequently and use a solution that kills odors.
- Make sure the dumpster and recycling sit away from your restaurant
- Keep food in sealed containers and in the frig when not being used.
- Clean dirty dishes, pots, pans, and utensils often.
Even with these five common sense chores, flies are still an issue. So, what can you do about them?
There are products that you can install that help keep flies out of your restaurant. Door kits are one option. You can also install electronic zappers in places where your patrons will not notice. You can use baits and traps too. We offer a full range of options for controlling pests in restaurants and each meet the requirements of local and state regulations.
To learn more about all of your options for controlling flies in restaurants, just give us a call.
For all your fly control needs, reach out to our team. We work with restaurants and businesses throughout the greater Austin area to control all types of pests.
Do you need pest control? Don't wait. Call Robert's Pest Control now at (512) 444-0132.